Click to Home

Go To Search
What do I do if Medicare does not pay my ambulance bill?
If Medicare does not cover your ambulance bill, you have the right to file with Medicare for a Medical Review. This process is explained in the Medicare Remittance Notice that the patient receives from Medicare in the mail.

When filing for a Medical Review, it is recommended that the patient provide the following documents to Medicare:

  • A letter from the patient's family physician explaining why the ambulance transport was medically necessary
  • Copies of the patient's ambulance transport medical records. The patient may contact the Great Bend Fire/EMS Billing Office at (620) 793-4140 to obtain a copy of his/her records
  • Copies of the patient's medical records from the hospital that the patient was transported to
  • A letter from the patient explaining why 9-1-1 was called for medical assistance
Notice: Filing for Medical Review does not guarantee that Medicare will reverse their original decision, but is an option to all patients covered through Medicare.


Show All Answers

1. Why do I have to pay for a public service like EMS? Don't I already pay taxes for that?
2. Why didn't Medicare cover my ambulance bill?
3. What do I do if Medicare does not pay my ambulance bill?
4. Why wasn't a claim filed with my secondary insurance company after Medicare denied my claim?
5. The hospital filed with my insurance company, so why didn't Great Bend EMS?

1209 Williams | Great Bend, Kansas 67530 | PH: (620) 793-4111 | FAX: (620) 793-4108
Print Friendly | Email Page | RSS | Translation | Accessibility | Copyright Notices | Powered by CivicPlus
A great place to raise a family!