Licenses & Regulations
Business licenses and regulations are covered under Title 5, of the City of Great Bend Code of Ordinances
. When considering a business in Great Bend, it is best to speak with the Director of Finance Wayne Henneke or Deputy City Clerk Judy Manning who can explain the type of license you require and requirements necessary for it. You can contact the Finance office at (620) 793-4111.
Many times it appears everything is in order. However, there may be additional issues that get overlooked such as zoning, fire code, etc.
Do You Need A License?
The following businesses, activities, and occupations need a business license to conduct business in the City of Great Bend:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Amusement halls
- Boxing and wrestling matches
- Building contractors
- Cereal malt beverages
- Circuses and carnivals
- Door-to-door advertising
- Electrical certificates
- Garbage and refuse collectors
- Junk dealers, pawnbrokers and secondhand dealers
- Mechanical certificates
- Merchant police service
- Oil and gas well drilling
- Plumbing certificates
- Recycling centers and mobile recycling points
- Septic tank truck operators
- Sidewalk dining license
- Tree and shrub trimmers and treaters