Click to Home

Go To Search
Overgrown Vegetation
Overgrown Vegitation
Overgrown Vegetation in the City Limits of Great Bend is a violation of City Ordinance 15.70.

The owner and/or resident of the property is notified and told that if the violation is not corrected the property may be abated. Governing Body approval for this action is not necessary. A violation is considered at vegitation at or above 12".

If your property is in violation:
  • You will be notified and given five-days notice to correct the violation
  • After the five days have passed, you will receive a certified letter giving you 10-days notice that the City will mow the property at your expense
  • Photos will be taken before and after the abatment
  • Owners will be sent a bill for the abatement payable within 30 days, after which it will be assessed to the property tax

After the first notification of the calendar year no more notices will be given and the City will abate as needed.

Additional Information
For more information, please call the Sanitation Division of the Public Works Department at (620) 793-4150.

1209 Williams | Great Bend, Kansas 67530 | PH: (620) 793-4111 | FAX: (620) 793-4108
Print Friendly | Email Page | RSS | Translation | Accessibility | Copyright Notices | Powered by CivicPlus
A great place to raise a family!