- 1874 - Founded with a hand drawn wagon, two dozen leather buckets, and two 16' ladders.
- 1876 - 20 volunteer men were chosen. Will Stokes appointed first Fire Chief.
- 1911 - First motorized fire truck purchased.
- 1924 - First pumping apparatus purchased (to boost water pressure in the fire hose).
- 1938 - Fire Department moved out of City Hall, into its own building which is now the Police Department.
- 1949 - First paid men were hired, two men per 24 hour shift and one Fire Inspector.
- 1961 - Station #2 built at 5005 Broadway.
- 1966 - Ambulance services taken over by Fire Department.
- 1972 - Fire Station #1 opened at 1205 Williams.
- 1975 - Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) established.
- 1985 - EMT-defibrillators established. (pilot program)
- 1992 - EMT intermediate established.
- 1999 - Paramedic service offered.
- 2002 - Construction started on new Fire Station #2 (located at 5851 10th)
- 2003 - Fire Station #2 opened at new location (5851 10th St.)