Great Bend Fire Department

Go To Search
Reporting Emergencies
All emergencies within the City of Great Bend and Barton County should be reported by calling 9-1-1. This number will connect you to 9-1-1 Communications and you can notify authorities of fire, police and medical emergencies. Following the 9-1-1 call being made the 9-1-1 dispatcher will dispatch the appropriate agency to respond based upon the nature of the call.

When calling 9-1-1 be prepared to give the following information:
• Address/location of the emergency
• Type of emergency – fire, police or medical
• For fires, provide the type (house fire, smell of smoke, car, grass fire, etc.)
• Report if there is anyone inside of the building or if the fire is threatening any structures
• Your name, address and phone number where you can be reached if more information is needed
• Do not hang up with 9-1-1 until the dispatcher does.
• If you are unable to make a phone call to 9-1-1 you may now send a text message regarding the nature of the emergency.

In the instance of a fire DO NOT call from inside the burning structure. LEAVE IMMEDIATELY and call from the nearest available phone.

1209 Williams | Great Bend, Kansas 67530 | PH: (620) 793-4111 | FAX: (620) 793-4108
Print Friendly | Email Page | RSS | Translation | Accessibility | Copyright Notices | Powered by CivicPlus
A great place to raise a family!