Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Great Bend Police Chief David Bailey announced that the City tags for your UTV have arrived.
On November 4th, 2019 the Great Bend City Council passed ordinance # 4345 authorizing the operation of Micro Utility Trucks within the city limits of Great Bend, Kansas, subject to specific requirements and limitations set out in the ordinance. The Great Bend Police Department personnel were selected by council to maintain the registration and inspection of these vehicles beginning January 1, 2020. Below is listed the process to register your UTV with the City of Great Bend. All UTV’s are subject to the Standard Traffic Ordinance (STO) for Kansas Cities. All Great Bend Micro Utility Trucks tagged through the City of Great Bend will be reported to the Barton County Appraisers Office, as their office has requested. If anyone has questions about this ordinance or the process to obtain a tag, please call the Great Bend Police Department 620-793-4120.
THE CITY OF GREAT BEND Micro Utility Truck Registration Process.
How to get started:
An application form must be filled out prior to the inspection. These forms may be picked up at the GBPD Records Division Monday-Friday 8 AM-5 PM.
• Bring your completed registration application form,
• the UTV to be inspected,
• the vehicle title or Certificate,
• Your Driver's license,
• Proof of insurance for the vehicle to be Registered.
• Payment for your registration fee ($150.00).
• See Great Bend City Ordinance # 4345 for details
• All UTV’s are subject to the Standard Traffic Ordinance (STO) for Kansas Cities.
4. The UTV will then be inspected by a member of the Great Bend Police Department.
5. A completed inspection form will be filled out and signed by GBPD personnel.
6. All Great Bend Micro Utility Trucks tagged through the City of Great Bend will be reported to the
Please Drive Safely!
Chief of Police
And the members of the Great Bend Police Department.