Who inspects my proposed day care?
The Great Bend Fire Department Fire Inspections division works closely with State of Kansas agencies and the Barton County Health Department in regards to daycares. Home operated daycares and daycare centers are required to be licensed by the State of Kansas. Part of this licensing process involves the Fire Inspector completing initial and annual fire inspections of the residence or facility to ensure that minimum State standards are upheld to provide further protection of our younger citizens. The Fire Inspector will complete the inspection by following the Fire and Life Safety Agreement inspection checklist. Some of the more common items checked are exits, smoke detectors, documentation, fire escape plans, lithium batteries and protective covers. The full Fire and Life Safety Agreement inspection checklist can be obtained from Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) as part of the licensing process.

Show All Answers

1. How big of a LP tank can I install?
2. Is training available?
3. Who inspects my proposed day care?
4. What regulations govern fire codes?
5. Is a permit required for fireworks? When may fireworks be discharged?
6. Are tent permits required?
7. When is my business inspected for fire safety?