Bid for Airport FBO Services
Great Bend Municipal Airport(KGBD) is seeking proposals to take over fuel servicing, hangaring, and quick-turn service for its Mid-America fuel-stop operation. Jet A & 100LL trucks and self-service pumps, 24,000-gallon fuel storage,a large community hangar, and terminal space are available for lease. KGBD sports a newly reconstructed 7851’ runway, and has developed a proven business as a mid-America fuel stop. An A&P operation, as well as related aviation services, are also sought. 53 based aircraft are located on the field.
Great Bend Municipal Airport (KGBD) serves the central Kansas region’s needs for air travel and air cargo. Originally built in 1943 to support B-29 Superfortress crews, the airfield currently maintains a primary runway 7851’ X 100’, and a crosswind runway 4751’ X 75’, both in good condition. Located approximately 3 miles west of Great Bend, the airport is home to approximately 50 locally based aircraft, and is a popular mid-America fuel stop for small and large personal and business aircraft.
- Maintains the airport movement areas and non-movement areas in accordance with FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) guidelines.
- Maintains and improves hangar and terminal facilities for based aircraft and transient aircraft.
- Maintains aviation fuel storage and dispensing facilities.
- Provides airfield reporting conditions during all inclement weather events.
- Coordinates and enforces all state and federal directives for safe operation of the airport.