Front Door Community Center
The Front Door facility is the cornerstone of a developmental project initiated in 2002 to make significant enhancements to the southeast area of Great Bend.
Through the generosity of a Community Development Block Grant awarded by the State of Kansas Department of Commerce and Housing, the City was able to make several major improvements to this area of the community.
Projects targeted for these improvements include:
- Demolition of a number of unsafe structures
- Replacement of numerous sidewalks throughout the neighborhood
- Development of a new hike and bike trail that connects to the levy
- Movement of a sidewalk along Tenth Street near a local elementary school to ensure the safety of our children
- Creation of a small park and water feature to enhance the entrance into the community
- Construction of the Front Door
The Front Door opened in April of 2004 and provides a number of amenities to the citizens of Great Bend and the surrounding area.
The facility is the site of our utility service and billing department. In addition, we provide a small computer lab available to the public at no charge. One of the most helpful services provided at the Front Door is the availability of two meeting rooms designated for City and community use.
These rooms have been utilized for a variety of purposes – business meetings, planning retreats, training, family reunions, baby showers, bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, graduation receptions, etc.The Front Door is also the home to a small daycare center that is independently owned and operated. The City leases out the space to the daycare.
To Book the Front Door, Contact Grady Bolding at 620-792-2750, for more information see Fee Schedule, Meeting Rooms and Rules along the side menu