- Public Information
GENERAL PUBLIC INFORMATION
FEMA Public Assistance
(Click Here to Open Notice in a Separate Window)
Public information is handled through the City Administration Office. The City Attorney and Community Coordinator serve as the Public Information Officer (PIO) for the City of Great Bend.
The PIO along with city staff are responsible for a number of duties, including:
- Media relations
- Community education
- Website maintenance
- Great Bend Channel 20
- Internal communications
- Facilitation of public meetings
- Official Statements - The City Attorney is responsible for making official statements on behalf of the City of Great Bend unless assigned to a staff person.
- Public Records Requests - Public records requests should be made through the Great Bend City Clerk and are subject to various copying and handling fees.
- Maps - The Engineering Department is responsible for generating various available maps for established fees.
All of these various components of public information can be reached at 620-793-4111.
Public Information FYI
- Public Notification: Attached is the Kansas Water Pollution Control Permit & Authorization to Discharge under National Pollutant to Discharge Elimination System. To see full document click here, or come to City Hall as it will be posted and available by the front desk for 30 days from 9/9/19.
- Public Notification: Attached is the EPA notice of the Public Meeting that will be held May 18 online at 6pm in regards to the Great Bend Superfund site with Plating, Inc. English Notice - Spanish Notice
- To watch the video of the public meeting hosted by EPA click here: EPA VIRTUAL MEETING May 19, 2020
COVID-19 - Coronavirus Update:
Updated COVID DECISION TREE - Dec. 2020
Mask Mandate Issued for Barton County
See official Press Release here
Mask Mandate for State of Kansas -
COVID DECISION TREE
Posted May 5, 2020
Posted April 24, 2020
Emergency Food Options Release
TEFAP Distribution Sites Release
Posted April 21, 2020
Barton County 8th Positive Case Release
Posted April 17, 2020
NR Hero Relief Program Release
Barton County 6th Positive Case Release
Governors Executive Orders Page
Posted April 16, 2020
Kansas Hispanic & Latino Affairs Commission Facebook page
Updated COVID-19 Great Bend Restaurant List
View Kendal’s Koffee at 1pm with Spanish Translator Here: Explore Great Bend on FB or view in page videos at same link
Kendal’s Koffee Documents: English & Spanish
Posted April 15, 2020
Barton County 5th Positive Case Release
Barton County Press Release: Working Capital Loans Still Available For Hoisington, Ellinwood, Claflin, and Other Rural Businesses
Posted April 7, 2020
Posted April 6, 2020
Kendal’s Koffee with Spanish Translator
Posted April 5, 2020
PSA- What to expect from Emergency Personnel
Please remember that just because EMS/Fire Teams are dressed like this does NOT mean the person has COVID-19, we are taking all necessary precautions!
Posted April 3, 2020
Weekly Update Press Release from the County
Utility Billing Options in English & In Spanish
Posted March 31, 2020
Small Business Handout & Unemployment
Paid Sick Leave & Expanded FMLA
Posted March 30, 2020
Barton County Health Dept. Releases information on 1st Positive case in Barton County
City Council meeting Change press release
Posted March 28, 2020
Here is the link to the Kansas Essential Function Framework websitehttps://governor.kansas.gov/keff/ Please refer to it if you have questions about being an essential function.
Posted March 26, 2020
BIG UPDATE: County Health Order
Great Bend Shopping List - closures special times - to be added to the list please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Bend Restaurant Changes List - to be added or change information please email email@example.com
Governors Executive Orders - Reminder Restaurants and Bars MUST comply with this!
Local Community Development Block Grant Funds... See info Here!
Posted March 25, 2020
Emergency Response Application & Public Notice
Posted March 24, 2020
Governor Kelly’s Executive Orders on COVID-19 #20-14 & #20-15
Posted March 23, 2020
Press Release from Barton County Emergency Services
FEMA’s Rumor Control - see the facts!!!
Scam Warning!! Do NOT give out personal information over the phone regarding COVID-19 stimulus checks or any other information!
Posted March 20, 2020
Kansas Hospitality Relief Fund Website & Handout
Posted March 19, 2020
Press Release: Municipal Court Sessions Cancelled
Press Release: City/County Meeting Cancelled
Press Release: Kendal’s Koffee Cancelled
Small Business Resources email from Roger Marshall’s Office for Relief
Posted March 18, 2020
KDHE dedicated webpage for COVID-19 resources & Information - https://govstatus.egov.com/coronavirus
Senior Center Meals on Wheels Update - donations needed
Small Business Resources from Congressman Dr. Roger Marshall’s Office
- COVID-19 Poster & Flattening the Curve
- Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance Press Release
- Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance Handout
Posted March 17, 2020
USD 428: Message to Parents, regarding Gov. Kelly’s Executive Order
Governor Kelly’s Executive Orders on COVID-19 #20-04 & #20-05
City Administrators Update on the City’s Plan
Posted March 16, 2020
Senior Center & Meals on Wheels Update